Riding the Rails

In my quest to LIVE the LIFE we all DREAM of I have the luxury of asking myself daily if I'm doing what I want to be doing and living the life I want to live. And I'm still saying YES.

I've packed my bags and I'm off to the airport tomorrow, on my way to Portland to have a 5-day writing fest with Master G. We're writing a romantic comedy and it's going to be amazing. I say this only because G is a clever, witty man. And while I'm not terribly clever nor exceptionally funny, I am quite crafty and a skilled writing kind of gal. So he's offered to help me on this quest to finish my fifth screenplay -- this one with the goal to get made and to submit it all around to everyone who's willing to read it and produce it.

In the midst of this, I've been invited to two weddings, and have planned two more trips.



And still, I don't have much of an income coming in, so my joy won't last much longer. I don't know how I'm pulling it off really but I'm doing exactly what I want to do.

This is LIFE. It is NOW. I have no intention of killing time with meaningless endeavors or wasted hours of nothing. I worked for many many years to acquire a home, a car, and to take care of myself and my daughter. I like to think of those years as investments in my next chapter. And this chapter will be the chapter that blows all the other ones away. Because it's MINE.

So, as the train gets on the tracks, remember this:  who did you want to be, and what did you want to do - in your purest heart in your youth? Because that person and those divine goals are still out there. Waiting for you.

Wish me luck. xx

Comments